EACH ENTREPRENEURIAL JOURNEY ALWAYS STARTS WITH A PASSION
I have taken the entrepreneurial journey from passion to profession numerous times. Along these paths, the four step process has led me to these businesses, going from present to past:
• Investigative Writer
• Social Media Marketing Professional
• Decorative Painter
• Health Food and Holistic Healing Consultant
In spite of this diversity, my journey has always included one consistent principle, ‘Cause No Harm’. The following video describes this principle. I strongly recommend it to everyone to view at the start and include on their journey.
CAUSE NO HARMI have always embraced the concept of CAUSE NO HARM. Without exception, it is an integral part of my entrepreneurial journey. This quote is from the video below, “My purpose in life is to get to that ‘red centre’ (the one shown in the diagram above) alive, so I can die knowing whatever my life’s purpose was, it must have been achieved, (and in the meantime, qualified to) Cause No Harm (and allow me to) be happy, healthy and actually live each day!” Rick Purcell, the speaker, talks about living in a world without causing any harm in this TEDx video.
My Process and The Results of My Endeavours
My passion has always been the motivation for an entrepreneurial journey. As a result, it is the one constant on my journey. Otherwise, there is a great deal of diversity in the roads taken. The paths are not based in logic or planning. Instead, my efforts have usually arisen out of life circumstances. In other words, they are unsolicited opportunities and serendipitous.
Professional CaregoriesThe results of my entrepreneurial journeys include and have included:
ALISON D. GILBERT• Researcher
• Investigative Writer
• Cultural Historian
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
• Logo Design and Branding
• Graphics to Digital Design
• Social Media Marketing & Blog Writing
• Music Publicity and Public Relations
• Cultural Research and Writing
• Decorative Painting by Alison Gilbert
• ‘Recycled with Love’ Collectables, Little Bytes of Art
and Wearable & Shareable Art
• The Five Step Decorative Painting System
• The Five Step Decorative Painting Manual
• Illustration and Painting
FOOD• Created Allergy-free Recipes
• Invented and sold Allergy-free Product
• Engaged in Healthy Food Education
• Taught Healthy Eating and Cooking Classes
• Lectured and wrote about healthy eating
HEALING• Advocated for Holistic Healing Systems
• Taught about Holistic Healing Systems
• Representated Holistic Practitioner
• Researched and Wrote About Holistic Healing
How To Live To Be 100+
Each endeavour I have embarked on has begun with a passion. Whatever the destination has been, there is another guiding principle that I have always attempted to have as a key ingredient in whatever my path has been. In addition to causing no harm, I seek to ‘Live to Be 100+. The video below explains what this means.
I love this video. It illustrates how weaving ‘Cause No Harm’ and ‘Ikigai’, create a powerful and flexible life purpose like a willow tree that bends with the breeze. These two principles are the bookend which I hope will hold my story should it ever be written.