Fun decorative socks are an essential part of a coordinated outfit. Not only do my socks have to be colorful. But they also have to inspire a story of their own.
There are in fact several ways to tell my sock story. This post explicitly verbalizes and shows images of how my fun decorative socks can coordinate with the rest of my outfit.
Without delay here are the four types of outfits I have coordinated with fun decorative socks.
FOUR VERBAL DESCRIPTIONS
1. Firstly they can match in color
Let’s say I am wearing an outfit with a the same color in both.
2. Secondly they can match in theme
As an outfit, I can wear socks that have a fruit them.
3. Thirdly, they can match in both theme and color.
But then specifically, my pants may have a cherry pattern. So my socks would have a cherry pattern. Finally, my pants can have a blue background cherry pattern. Then I can match them with an exact pair of socks.
4. Finally, an outfit matches in theme and color from head to toe.
This happens when I really go wild. Ultimately on those days that I display a special combination in my wardrobe.
FOUR VISUAL EXAMPLES
In addition to their description, I want to show image examples of the fun decorative socks choices I’ve described above.
1. First of all, let’s start with an outfit that is matched using color.
Let’s say I have a solid color pair of pants, skirt or dress. In this case, I can match that to a fun decorative pair of socks with the same color background or foreground.
2. Secondly, another way to match an outfit is by theme. For example, that means that the colors do not have to match but the design theme does. In this example, notice how the background colors do not match. But the strawberry theme does.
3. Thirdly and my ultimate preference is they can match in both color and theme.I love everything cherries. Luckily, I found both a sweater and socks in black with cherries on them.
4. Lastly, the ultimate outfit. Everything matches from head to toe. In this case it’s Burberry classics. The next blog post will illustrate Burberry Classics ‘everything Burberry in between’.
SOURCES & RESOURCES1. The History of Socks
2. Women’s decorative socks
3. Visit the Bisousox Store
4. Visit the Belle Poque Store
5. Visit the Makabo Store
6. Unique Vintage Women’s Clothes & Accessories
7. 11 best online vintage clothing and thrift stores to shop in 2022
8. Burberry Instarsia Vintage Check Socks
If you enjoyed this blog post, Get blog post updates (It’s Free)